Thursday, June 3, 2010

Prune Juice and gas pump= two explosions

I don't have any super cute pics to post today. It has just been one of those days. Supposedly a sleep in day, but then of course Addison decided to wake up super early and then just as we both started drifting back to sleep, my phone started ringing off the hook. Finally, I dragged myself out of bed and got ready for work, but just as I was leaving, Addison's prune juice kicked in and she had a HUGE blowout. I couldn't leave her that way! So, I took the time to change her diaper, and then I was late to a very important meeting at work. I felt so horrible being late! After the meeting, I taught a post-concert class, and then headed home. On my way home, I noticed that my car was running on fumes (am I the only one who hates to fill up my car so I wait until the last possible moment...). I stopped at a gas station that I don't usually frequent, but it was on the way home. Everything was pretty normal except when my tank clicked full after putting in 9.1 gallons, and the flow of gas didn't stop. The gas was pouring out of my car, so I pulled it out and it poured all over my car and all over the concrete beside my car. I frantically looked around for an emergency stop button, but all I could find was a "help" button which meant that my recipe printed inside. Wow, big help. By the time someone came over to help me and we got it stopped, 2.3 additional gallons had spilled out onto the pavement. I was freaking out a little bit because nothing like that had ever happened to me before and it was slightly tramatic. I went inside to explain and get back the money for the extra 2.3 gallons that had been prepaid to my credit card. To add insult to injury, the manager insisted in very broken English said that I had to pay for that gas, since I had pumped it. I declared that under no circumstances should I have to pay for it because it was not my fault that the pump malfunctioned and refused to stop pumping gas. Sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself. When he went out and examined the situation, he agreed that yes, I should be reimbursed for the 2.3 gallons. By this time, I was extremely cranky and my car reeked of gas. I got home in time for Addison's OT appointment. After the appointment, my sister Andria and I went to Zumba class and then rushed home for me to teach a clarinet lesson. The Zumba instructor was new, so she was pretty good at doing the moves, but not so great at teaching them and they were all very complicated. Twenty minutes in to an hour long class, I felt like I was going to die. Sigh. Just one of those days. Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday, and I only have one week of school left and one week of exams. Also, another thing I am extremely thankful for- by the time I finally finished my day, I got to spend time with the most beautiful baby in the world! There are really days like today that I wish I could stay home all day with Addison. However, since I carry our insurance, it is rather imperative that I keep working part time just a bit longer. Considering just two nights in the Boston Children's Hospital was $120,000- good insurance has never looked more important to me! Ok, I am going to stop complaining now. So much to be thankful for.


  1. I personally do not know how you do it. Every time I read about your crazy doctor/ work/ baby schedule it makes me tired - because I know how energy draining a little one is - on top of all of the house work. You're doing great. Hang in there!

  2. I agree with Rebecca's comments! Don't know how you keep up with your schedule! Also, all pics of Addison are super cute, so any and all pics that you have available to post are wonderful. I love them ALL! I check your blog every day to see pics of Addison and read about your family life. Hope you have a sweet, relaxing summer with Addison!


Thanks for reading about my Everything and Nothing. I would love to hear from you!